Pages

Musical Transitions


A recent pin on pinterest encouraged me to start looking for some current music. Since I don't listen to the radio much, this is a bit of a challenge for me. I know I can use classic songs, but I imagine the kids would enjoy the transitions so much more if the sonds were current ones that they liked.
Picture
Okay, I'm getting ahead of myself. The post led to Classroom Alarm Clock by Rick Morris. The post talks about the advantages using a short song as a cue to indicate that it's time for a certain procedure or transition. The page also walks you through how to set the songs to an alarm clock on your PC or Mac, so that they play automatically. CHeck out the website for the research and more details.

So, as I consider the idea of musical transitons and timers, I'm trying to compile a list of songs I may use in the classroom.

Start Class
Let's Go - Calvin Harris (ft. Ne-Yo)
Ambition - Wale
Tardy for the Party - Kim Zolclak
Mission Impossible Theme Song
Let's Get it Started - Black Eyed Peas

End of Warm-up
All We do is Win - DJ Khalid
Jeopardy Theme Song

End of Class
Deuces - Chris Brown
Glad You Came - The Wanted

No comments:

Post a Comment