Pages

{Monday Made It} Birthday Treats


As a part of my efforts to build community in my classroom, I thought that birthdays provide an excellent opportunity to celebrate my kiddos. Our students always let us know when it's their birthday. My normal response is "Well, Happy Birthday!" and I keep on rolling with math. Why not have a little acknowledgement, a little celebration, or a little token to let them know I care. Of course, I'm not trying to go broke, but a 50 pack of giant pixie sticks from Sam's Club got me more interested in this pin, so I went for it!


I bought giant pixie sticks, balloon cut-outs, birthday stickers, and a galvanized tin to hold it all together. Now, when a student tells me it's their birthday, I'll have a sweet treat to offer!


A few other pins I have on my to-do list are below:


What Pinterest projects do you have your eyes on?


4 comments:

  1. Cute! What a great idea, kids LOVE pixie sticks! My next Pintrest project is the pallet wine rack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea! Would you mind sharing where did you find the balloon cut-outs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Kim! I've been stalking your blog for a while! Hope you;re enjoying the book study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the link! I will stop by at Eraser Dust and if I cannot find them there, I will order them online.

    ReplyDelete