Pages

Cuteness on a Cloud {Newborn Photography}

So, I've told you a little about photography, but haven't posted many of my pictures as I learn the craft. My friend Angela @ Selfless Ambition has been graciously allowing me to practice on her and her family. You can see Angela's pregnancy announcement, gender reveal, and maternity pics that I've taken! I can't wait to capture her and Quentin's little bundle of joy when she arrives.

Well, there was no point in waiting to capture a newborn, so I was so excited when Virginia, chef extraordinaire and owner of Mostly Cupcakes, contacted me to capture pictures of her 5 day old granddaughter. Now, with no kids of my own, I was extremely nervous, but that wore off as I warmed up to Baby B! And, I had my hubby there to help and coach me. Here are a few of the shots that he has processed so far...






Okay, she is such cuteness! Right?! And I love the blanket, like she's laying on a little cloud...hence the name of this post, 'Cuteness on a Cloud!' Grandmother and Mom had great props and bows on hand to make this a great photo session! And Baby Girl was so good. She made it through almost two hours of shooting without too much fussing and only needing one feeding.

So, this is only my first newborn shoot. I enjoyed it so much and I have notes for improvement on future sessions. Most photographers have a niche, or an area of photography that they specialize in...this may be mine. I can't wait to do another one!

If you're in need of photography in the DFW area, my hubby and I would consider it an honor! Check out Team Howard Photography for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment