Pages

Out of my Overflow

Recently, I was encouraged by and had the opportunity to encourage my friend, Angela of Selfless Ambition. She posted about spiritual starvation and how this depletion left her on empty, unable to give to others. She shared a pin that definitely inspired me.

via Pinterest
I am all to aware of the fact that when I am filled with God's love and God's Word, those around me reap from the overflow. I was reminded of this again today when a co-worker asked me to pray for her. I know that our prayers ares just a conversation with God, but that conversation comes so much easier when I am closer to my God. When I am constantly in God's Word, it's easier to pray His Word and to encourage others. I am trying my best to encourage others with God's Word and not my thoughts, and I try really hard for my prayers to be the same.
For the word of God is living and powerful! It is sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is discerner of the thoughts and intentions of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment